Monday, August 11, 2008

End of Summer Countdown!

I love the summer and usually hate to see it end but lately I have been looking forward to the fall in hopes that this rainy weather will go away. The kids go back to school in a couple of weeks and there are still a whole bunch of things that I want to do before we are back to our usual school/work routines. Here is what I haven't done yet:
  1. Go to the beach - I have not gone to the beach once this summer! This is very unusual for a girl who grew up in Portsmouth and spent countless days there as a kid.
  2. Go kayaking - Sadly, I have not gotten out in the kayaks this summer.
  3. Have dinner on the decks in Portsmouth - another summertime ritual for me. I want to bring George and the boys down to Poco Diablo's for dinner and then go for ice cream at Annabelle's.
  4. Refinish the outdoor bar by the pool. Last summer I bought an outdoor bar unit for the pool. It was on sale at Linens-n-Things and was the perfect size but it was the wrong color and would need to be refinished. I was supposed to do this last year but did not get around to it and I won't likely get to it this year. (Of course I am almost the only person who thinks it needs to be refinished. My family just laughs at me when they hear of my plans for this piece!)
  5. Put some plants in the ground that I got as a Mother's Day gift. How sad that I have had these plants sitting on my decks for months now. I am sure that I have spent more time watering them and trying to keep them alive and just would have been better off putting them in the ground.
  6. Organize the boy's bedroom. For some reason Jacob and Ben enjoy sleeping in our guest room. This is fine except that it means they don't use their room and have kept me from making the guest room into an official guest room (which really means letting me decorate it my way and have no trace of kid stuff in there!) So, we are getting some new bunk beds delivered this week and plan to clean, organize and set up the boy's bedroom so that I can finally kick them out of the guest room and have them use their own room.
Does anyone else have a few things they want to get done in the next couple of weeks?

2 comments:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

*maybe* just maybe you can go to the beach on wed, the only nice day this week. ahhhh!!!!!!
i love going to the beach too and have been only 2x but i have found that i can go with the boys myself and not with my husband. he doesnt like it anyway! so it has worked out for us.

Katie said...

i wanted to have a date night for me and derek but other than that i think my expectations must've been low because i can't think of anything!